Skinny, Long-Haired Daydreams...

As thrilled as I am to be pregnant with Baby R, can I just say I'm over it?
I wish I was one of those pregnant women who only grew a belly while everything else stays perfectly in tact, but I am not.  I'm going to blame the (so far) THIRTY pound weight gain mostly on genes and some on totally not caring.  The line on the stick turned pink, and I immediately became allergic to the gym.  But in all seriousness, I was sick for the first 18 weeks...don't judge me.

So, while I'm LOVING the now very pronounced kicks, I'm also counting down the days to eviction of this little guy, so I can get back to business.

I'd basically reached my goal weight right before I got pregnant.  I'd been doing Weight Watchers all year long, and I'd started going to Barre classes to tone the pudge.  Only took me four years post-pregnancy to get the motivation to put down the wine glass and go to the gym.  Buuuut, to keep with my 2018 mantra, I'm trying to keep focus on the here and now.  Baby R will be my last one, so I really want to enjoy alllll the phases (even the rough ones) because I won't do it again...but all while keeping my eye on the prize.

The one thing pregnancy has offered me is good hair.  I'd decided when my hair was just below my shoulders that I wanted it to be long and lustrous.  Since I'm not able to drop cash for decent hair extensions, I was left to wait it out.  I've recently hit a growth spurt that's super noticeable and makes me very happy...cue the pinning of all the long, lustrous locks on Pinterest.  I even have beautiful long hair on my vision board!



I'm also a little jealous that each of these beauties only has one chin and great clothes, which I absolutely cannot say the same for myself at the moment.

Oh, the literal joys and the other "joys" of pregnancy.  I don't want to knock it - I feel incredibly blessed after starting to question if it was in the cards for us.  But I did have hopes that this time I'd magically be cute.  Didn't happen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating My Vision